This girl turned one on December 4th 2012. She is our heart and soul! Scott and I wrote letters to our baby girl that we hope she will read some day and understand how much she means to us. Happy birthday sweet girl!
Scarlett,
I am writing this letter to express my love that I have
always had for you. Since the
first day I held you in the hospital, till now as a little one year old
stumbling around the house, I never thought that I would be able to love
something as much as I love you.
I remember the day you were born. It was a little crazy, as there was a lot of family around,
but for a small moment I was able to sneak you away and sit with you in the
corner in a rocking chair. Holding
you in my arms caused me to feel a new happiness that I had never before. I have loved the times when you would
just let me hold you. There is no
greater feeling in the world than when your two little arms wrap around my
neck.
Over this last year you have made us eternally happy. Even despite the daily trantrums that
you have been throwing for the last few weeks. We have loved to laugh at you and with you. You are truly a piece of heaven in our
home. As your father, I promise to
do all I can to bring you happiness and safety everyday.
Love always,
Da Da
Dear Buggy,
From the first time I felt you kick inside my belly, it was
love. Then when you came out and I got to hold you in my arms, it was a whole
new kind of love. One I never knew existed. I remember bringing you home from
the hospital and being sure that I loved you more than any other person in the
world loved their child. My love was the strongest in the world! It’s only
grown more and more each day over this past first year.
Every day you keep us on our toes. You make your daddy and I
laugh constantly. You are so smart and amaze us with your daily new tricks and
new words. You love to talk. Even though most of it is gibberish, you know
exactly what you’re saying and assume we do, too! You are sassy. That was
apparent months ago. You know what you want and you don’t forget it! You love
other children and babies. You are already a little social butterfly. You love
to waive and say hi to strangers everywhere. You make them smile with your
friendliness. You will pretty much go to anyone! You especially love to sit on
stranger’s laps on airplanes. This tends to scare your mommy and daddy;). You
are absolutely beautiful. From your long lashes and full lips, to your sweet
and special spirit, you are beautiful.
You remind us daily of how important eternal families are.
We wouldn’t settle for anything less than forever with you, my sweet and sassy
little bug. You are our happiness. Thank you.
Xoxoxoxoxoxoxo,
Mama



oak this is so cute ! I love it! I just started an email account for Chase and I have been sending him emails ahahha. well They are kind of like journal entries.
ReplyDeleteLove the letters you wrote to you baby girl. So sweet. She is so dang cute!
ReplyDelete