This was our second trip down to Moab as a family. We had kind of a rough experience the first time with Scarlett getting sick (literally driving her around Moab all night so she would stop screaming), so we had high hopes this would be a more enjoyable trip. It was a success! We had a perfect time on our mini weekend get away. Just the three of us.
We decided on going Thursday night, packed up and left on Friday. We got down there late afternoon and went straight to the pool after checking into our hotel. We had a great time swimming and listening to all the other languages at the pool around us. I had no idea what a tourist attraction Moab is! It seemed like we were some of the only Americans at our hotel. Anyways, Scatlett absolutely loves pool time. After swimming, we cleaned up, walked around downtown Moab and ate at a cute little pizzeria.
The next morning we got in more pool time, then headed to Arches Nation Park. We checked out the visitors center (very interesting), then hiked Delicate Arch. It was a great time, BUT I do not recommend doing that hike in the middle of July with it being 102 degrees out, and no breeze.. Not to mention, there is almost no shade that entire way.. Don't worry, we had Scar all sun screened up, with a hat on and kept her drenched in water. She was fine. WE (as in I) on the other hand, were dying. I had a pounding head ache from the blazing sun, and felt a little faint. Scott cautioned me not to start out so fast and to pace myself.. I should have listened. It's not that it's that difficult of a hike. It was just that darn sun. But we did make it. And I am so glad we did. It was absolutely amazing at the top. And it's a Moab must. I love our little family adventures..
 |
| The many faces made in the 3.5 hour car ride |
 |
| Doing their usual trick :) |
 |
| That smile. I could die. |
 |
| Dinner time |
 |
| This was an amazing little fish taco place! We ate here before our hike. Sooo yummy. |
 |
| So gross, right? They both thought it was pretty funny. Sickos. |
 |
These ledges make mommy real nervous
|
 |
| We made it mom! |
 |
| Daddy's girl |
 |
| Me and my bud |
 |
| Shoe shot |
 |
| <3 |
Ahh how fun! Love hiking.
ReplyDelete