Monday, July 14, 2014

Little Ms. Sassy Pants...

Dear Little Ms. Sassy Pants (aka Scarlet),

The terrible two's have been in full swing since you were 18 months. Some of your favorite phrases include "go away", "Leave me alone, I'm sad", "You listen to me, mom!" and "Dad's the boss, but because I'm the boss, but because you're NOT the boss, mom". You melt down pretty quickly when told no. Sometimes, when you feel like you're being ignored, you take extreme measures. The other day that included painting your brother and my white rug in mascara. Sometimes you hurt my feelings to the point of tears. 

BUT, Little Ms. Sassy Pants. You also melt my heart just as quickly. When you've made me sad you instantly want to fix it. You say things like "mommy, be happy". The other day you said "I just love you, honey" and "you're my favorite person". You tell me that I am your best friend. You love to help me cook and kiss each egg before I crack them in the morning. When I ask if you will share something with me or one of your friends, you (usually) say, "Um, sure!" in a sweet and chipper little voice. You love to sing and dance for your daddy and I. While you usually ask us NOT to join in, sometimes you let us sing with you;). You are the worlds best sister! Especially for your special little brother. You are so protective of him. This brings me so much comfort for the future. I know he will be watched over when you're around. You love to cuddle at night. When I tuck you in, you usually say "mom, you wanna cuddle me?!". I usually hop in your little bed and you ask "will you tell me a story". Usually you want to hear about Snow White or Sleeping Beauty and the witch. Once, when you were mad you said "I'm a mean witch, mom". I acted very sad and you quickly said "No, I'm a good little witch, mommy". Your obsession with witches cracks us up. YOUR quirky little personality has us laughing all the time. All the things that drive me crazy now, are things I think I will appreciate about you as you get older. I know you'll always stand up for what you believe, you'll be confident and you wont be afraid to be yourself. You are MY Little Ms. Sassy Pants. And I wouldn't change you for the world. 





No comments:

Post a Comment