Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Twin Cousins



Scarlett has a lot of great little pals her age. But I have a feeling she will grow up to be bestest buddies with her cousin Paisley. Pais is just a month older than Scarlett so it's a blast to watch them interact with each other. Sometimes they both roll to their side so they are facing each other, and just grab at the others face. It's pretty funny until one of them pinches the other a little too hard ;). We joke that Paisley is the sweet even tempered one (like her mama) and Scarlett is the little feisty one (sound familiar?). I think they'll both be very sweet though, Scarlett just likes to talk a lot (also sort of familiar).
Growing up my sisters and I all had "twin cousins". Now this didn't mean that we necessarily looked a like, it was really just the "best friend" cousin. The cousin that we hung out with the most. Mimi was of course my "twin cousin". She and I were (and are) best of friends. We did everything together from playing detective Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, to sharing teenage secrets. Although, it did take Mimi FOREVER to admit that she liked a boy ;). Christiana's "twin cousin" was Melissa (Mimi's older sister). They were inseparable as well. We lived about three hours away from each other, but our parents made a huge effort for us to see our "twin cousins" often. Christiana and I both plan to always make that effort as well. Even if we end up living further apart than we do now (let's hope that never happens!!). I really hope Pais and Scar grow up to be best friends and "twin cousins".

Dress up time with our twiners

Mimi, Christiana, Melissa and I

Christiana and Melissa

Mimi and I



Yes, we like to coordinate outfits ;)


Sometimes they fight, but hey, they have healthy communication;)


Sweet girls


Every once in a while Beck wants to be included.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Oak, you make me miss you so much! I LOVED seeing these old pictures! It's a little weird that Christiana and I have the pink matching outfits in that second picture, because we were always the BOYS in Pretendland. Maybe blue would've been more appropriate?

    Your little Scarlett is so freaking cute. I can't wait to meet her. And guess what? I don't have to wait very long because I'M COMING TO UTAH IN AUGUST!!! Twin cousin reunion! Wohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you blogged! I love this! Such cute pics of Paisley and Scarlett and those pics of us when we're little! Ahhh! I love it!

    ReplyDelete