Okay, back tracking to August. Just before brother came...
August kept us busy. Not only were we getting ready for brother, but also trying to soak up as much summer as we could before we had to bunker down.
Scarlett continues to impress us with new words and so much understanding for everything that goes on around her. She just soaks up everything like a sponge. My parents call her a little parrot! She repeats everything she hears... This keeps me on my toes! She knows almost all her colors, all the words to her favorite "Sound of Music" song and can formulate small sentences. Seriously, this kid loves to learn new things. She impresses us with her serious negotiation skills ("One mo mommy! One mo!" as she holds up one finger right next to her plump little lips). She is sassy and smart! This can be a scary combo.
Scott has the hardest time hearing her little cry. This means he spends countless nights laying on the floor next to her crib until she is sound asleep. She knows just what it takes to make him jump at her beckoning call. And he does, every time. Even if this means undoing all the discipline I work so hard on all day! I kill myself not caving in to her little tantrums and create consistent consequences, just for her tender-hearted dad to come home and give in because he can't make her sad! It makes me boil and melts my heart all at the same time! He sure loves his girl. And she knows just how to keep him wrapped around her finger.
Bullets of August;
- Scarlett and I tagged along on Scott's "boys trip" to St. George
- Cautious Scarlett conquered her fear of climbing
- My awesome friends threw me a beautiful baby shower
- I peed my pants and thought my water broke. Spent 4 hours in the hospital to be sent home feeling like an idiot.
 |
| Rhea 2 months! Scarlett 20 months. I love that chunk! |
 |
| Preparing to be a big sis |
 |
| This is her version of a summer salt. She just sits on her head. No roll over! |
 |
| Those eyes. Those lips. How can I even be mad she just clogged our hotel toilet? The germs on those hands... |
 |
| 8 month belly |
 |
| This is how she rolls... |
 |
| Grandma! I love this lady. |
 |
| Vera and Scar. Such buds. |
 |
| Ready to pop |
 |
| Sadly Scarlett is deathly afraid of old people... |
 |
| What goes through that little head? |
 |
| I couldn't believe my little chicken climbed! |
 |
| Art for Brudder |
 |
| Insisted on pushing Ellie. Two blocks and she needed a break. |
 |
| The things I'll give her for a silent car ride... |
 |
| I adore these amazing friends of mine. |
 |
| Yay! I peed myself! |
 |
| Sunday stroll in oversized sweaters. |
 |
| The morning before I went into labor (technically Sept.) |
No comments:
Post a Comment