Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A New Year

I  am just going to pretend I wrote this in Jan.. Happy 2014! Excited for the year ahead. Life seems to keep getting better and better. Our little foursome is happy and excited as we prepare to move into our new home here in Daybreak. It will have been about ten months from the day we signed papers, so needless to say... We are ready to move! The house is coming along quickly as we are in the final phases of construction. 

Scarlett is talking in full sentences and understands more than we give her credit for. She is a parrot and repeats all she hears. She is such a fast learner. She loves to sass her mommy and then smother me we cuddles and love. She is my little best friend and I wouldn't change a thing about her. Even on days she hurts my feelings by telling me to "go away". That is her number one phrase right now. Thank you to the movie Frozen.. But like I said, she is also a little lover! She is obsessed with witches. A little strange, but also very funny. She walks arond with a witch hat and black kitty cat. I love that she does her own thing and owns it! She has her daddy absolutely wrapped around her little finger. They are the greatest of friends. She lights up when he walks in the door from work and for the rest of the night, she only wants to play with daddy. She also adores "brudder" beyond what I could have hoped for. I mean, she is totally in love with him. She is gentle and kisses him on the forehead as she tells him " I love you brudder". No jealousy at all. It makes my heart so happy. Scarlett still is the most cautious kid I have ever met. She's afraid to run fast, wont jump off of anything and wants me to carry her down the stairs most of the time. Her mobility skills are that of a one year old. But she'll talk your ear off like a five year old. She's awesome.

Welles. Our little angel baby melts my heart just by looking at me. There really is something so special about a mother and her boy. He is such an easy baby though, I mean EASY! Except at night. He still sleeps in about three hour increments. But I can't even be mad at him. He doesn't even cry. He just wakes up and coo's for me to come feed him. Welles is thriving! So far he is hitting all of his milestones and not falling behind one bit! He seems like any other typical baby. He laughed for the first time at eight weeks. But doesn't do it much. He usually just looks like he's laughing on mute! His face is laughing but no noise comes out. It's hilarious! He recently started reaching for toys that we hang in his face! May not seem like a big deal to most, but for a downs baby, that is great! It means he is cognitive and aware of what he wants. So great! We love our little chunch to pieces!!


Checking on the new house.

Eating black markers.. Delicious.

I mean, come on! Look at that face. 

My little world.

Happy New Year.

Some of my favorite gals.

Our New Year dinner.

Scott playing with my Christmast present 

Visiting the Ice Castles in Midway


Caught her eating ornaments off the tree.

Dinner date downtown with some of our good friends!

Nursing, just like mommy does ;)

Welles and Casey Christensen. Aren't these two boys adorable?!

Be still my heart!

Scarlett and her which obsession..

My favorite little people.

Mommy-daughter date at the tumbling gym.

Sledding with cousins.

Charwee and Scarett stealing shoes.

The new house coming along!

Big Belley Boy!

Batting at toys!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment