It's been a fun last month or so. It sounds kind of silly, but I feel like Scarlett is growing more attached to me. Not in the typical clingy, always needs to be held kind of way. Just more loving and cuddly. Maybe it's that she is just learning how to express love. Whatever it is, I'll take it! She is such a cuddle bug. Sometimes she just looks up at me and smiles, then lays her head on my chest. It melts my heart! She also grabs my face and smashes her month onto it, planting a big wet kiss. I'm obsessed with those kisses. She used to only kiss Scott. She must know mommy has been waiting for this!
She is a very loving baby in general. Over the last few months we have noticed what a social baby she is. Not only does she interact well with adults, but she loves kids of all ages. She follows other babies around trying to talk and play with them. Very sweet.
Ahhh, you can't even imagine the joy she brings to this home. Even when Scott and I get out for date nights, we end up talking about her and looking at pictures a good potion of the time!
Things to remember;
-Says "mmmm" while she eats. It's ridiculously cute. She actually started doing that at about 8 months.
-Pulls herself up onto furniture. Frequently bumping her head..
-Claps when you say "yay!". That may have started at about 8 months also..
-She has said "kiss" (pronounced "giss") a couple of times when she has kissed me.
-She HATES her car seat these days. It's a pain being in the car. I have to sing almost the whole drive just to distract her. I'm sure other cars laugh seeing Scott and I singing "I love you, a bushel and a peck" at the top of our lungs.
-She has become quite cautious. She crawls to the edge of the stairs (I have snuck up behind her ready for her to plunge, and prepared to catch her), looks down, thinks for a minute and turns around. This makes my job a little easier! I'm glad she has a little fear in her ;)
-New favorite food is "Pirates Booty". These are like white cheddar cheese puffs. They are my favorites, too. We sit on the couch and share them while watching baby signing time. She could eat a whole bag by herself though!
-She laughs when we laugh as if she is part of the joke. It's too funny.
-She loves to feed us. She'll be eating her corn (or whatever), and sticks out her hand to put it in one of our mouths. She's delighted when we eat it out of her fingers and pretend it's super yummy. It's like she's so proud of herself for sharing ;)
-Funniest hand gestures ever. So girly, so dainty. My whole family dies laughing at her little hand movements.
 |
| Intense little dreamer. |
 |
| And it's time to lower the crib.. |
 |
| At the zoo. This polar bear was amazing. He would get up right on the glass next to Scarlett. So fun to watch! |
 |
| In front of the elephant exhibit. Scar's animal:) |
 |
| Helping Jenni and Mich unpack. She sat contently in this box for over 30 minutes. |
 |
| Throwing in a quick pic of the YW at the Alpine slides. Fun activity! |
 |
| What a girl. Her favorite past time is taking all of mommy's make up out. |
 |
| Look at me stand! |
 |
| Playing with her friends at story time |
 |
| Henny, Ruby and Scarlett |
 |
| Sunday family chat and prayer! I am so rudely camera hogging for the Smith's and Peterson's:) |
 |
| Always happy in the morning |
 |
| Even happy when it's super early and mommy wants to be asleep.. |
 |
| Scott playing our new dance dance game. Look at him go. Lookin' good sweets! |
 |
| James! Love this boy. |
 |
| Scarlett stole James chair so she could chat with Thea. Buddies! |
 |
| Driving lessons with daddy :0 |
 |
| Coloring with Sophia and Thomas in the fort. She got marker all over herself. So worth it to play with the big kids ;) |
 |
| Charlie feeding Scar |
 |
| Twin's baby blessing |
 |
| Loves watching daddy sing to her |
Such a cute family!! and i love that you Skype with your whole family! I need to do that. Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!
ReplyDelete