Thursday, October 25, 2012

A moment of truth

Confession.. I have to admit that I kind of love when Scarlett is really upset and wants her mommy. Is that terrible of me? There is this feeling of being so loved and wanted by her, that tugs on my little heart strings!

The other night we went to the adult session of stake conference, then to visit with some friends. I got a call from the babysitter on our way home saying Scarlett had woken up, was crying and would not go back to sleep. We rushed home and walked up to her dark room where the sitter was trying to rock and soothe her. As soon as she saw me she stretched her arms out as far as she could. When I got to her she grabbed my shoulders and practically jumped in my arms, buried her sweet little head into my chest and just nuzzled me. It was the best. Scott watched in jealousy. Your time will come honey;) Right now, she's a mamas girl!



3 comments:

  1. That really is one of the best feelings! Rawson was 8 months old before he would even rest his head on Brennen's shoulder. There's just something about a mother's love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetest feeling ever! Scott's time will come. Such a cute sleeping picture of Scar! I want to nuzzle you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melts my heart everytime. Growing up I've watched babies only want their moms and I've always yearned for that. Now it's here and it is the most precious feeling.

    ReplyDelete